Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Whatever you're meant for

I have been thinking a lot about what my next step in life will be. I work too much, laugh too little, and spend far more time managing projects than I spend living my life. This is not what I'm meant for.

But what am I meant for? If I could do anything, what would it be?

1 - I'd farm. I'd grow food for myself and my family, and I'd cook it into beautiful celebratory meals.
2 - I'd write. I'd capture the small moments, the insignificant ones that seem like they are mundane, but are really perfect little miracles.
3 - I'd listen. I'd read, wonder, research, and see where it all took me. I'd be just fine with open questions.
4 - I'd practice. Music, meditation, languages, all of it.
5 - I'd share. I'd have dinner, wine, coffee with friends. I'd make new friends. I'd cherish old friends.

Simple desires, seemingly so little to ask of life. Where do I go from here?

2 comments:

  1. ah, such an honest but huge question...I love this because you are obviously so aware of the moments in your life and know that it's precious, each day given to us...isn't that the most important thing of all?? You will take the right steps to get to where you really want to be, I know you my friend. Love from India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks tiny yogi. Presence is a tough one to figure out. I'm learning (or at least testing a theory) that I need to live in my life today enough to enjoy it, instead of living too much for tomorrow. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete